Last Updated: October 27, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
On this Website.
In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website and App.
Through our mobile App and desktop applications you download from this Website or an app store, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website or the App after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Our Website and App and their features, programs, promotions and other aspects requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at [email protected]. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
B. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website and App typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that we automatically collect when you visit our Website, use the App, or that you provide us that is not personally identifiable.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: We actively collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from you when you voluntarily register with the Website or App to use our services. PII includes information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you such as your name, email address, phone number, etc. We only collect the PII that you voluntarily provide to us in connection with your use of the Website, the App, and any of our products and services, and do not automatically collect your PII when you merely visit our Website or use the App. Certain information may be non-personally identifiable on its own but when linked with other data may become personally identifiable (“Linked Information”). In discussing our practices with respect to PII, we consider such Linked Information to be PII.
In the event you provide us with PII belonging to others, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the express consent from such persons to the use of their PII in connection with our products and services. You bear full responsibility for any information about others that you have provided to us.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-personally identifiable information is any information that does not personally identify you. It can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified or anonymized; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personally identifiable information about you from information that you voluntarily provide us, either separately or together with your PII. We also automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information from you when you access our Website or App. This information can include, among other things, geolocation, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using, the third-party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Website or App, the specific web pages on our site that you visit, and the duration of your visits.
(3) User Contributions: You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public or private areas of the Website or App, or transmitted to other users of the Website, the App, or to third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
C. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may share your PII with third parties as permitted or required by law, such as pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal or regulatory requirements, or if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AboveTech, LLC, our customers and users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organization for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We use non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personally identifiable information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personally identifiable information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
(3) Google Analytics: We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about the users of our services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit our website site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze performance so we can improve our services, including to help customize our website for users.
D. COOKIES AND PREFERENCE BASED ADVERTISING
(1) Cookies and Web Beacons: We automatically receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and “web beacons” (also called “clear gifs” or “pixel tags”) to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Website. “Cookies” are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive or your Web browser memory to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you, such as recognizing you as a frequent user of our Website. “Web beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and may be used to track the online movements of users, when an email has been opened, and to provide other information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze in this manner include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; your behavior on our Website or on the App, including the URL you come from and go to next (whether this URL is on our site or not); and cookie number. It is important to note that the cookies and Web beacons that we use do not contain and are not tied to personally identifiable information.
A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (a) it includes all the advertising networks that we may work with, but also many that we do not work with; and (b) it relies on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”). Therefore, if you buy a new computer, change web browsers or delete these Opt-out Cookies from your computer, you will need to perform the opt-out task again.
California Do Not Track Disclosures: Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, regardless of your preference. Providing a DNT Notice is often touted as a means to ensure that cookies, web beacons, and similar technology are not used for preference-based advertising purposes. We do not engage in targeted advertising, thus we do not track your online activity while on our Website for those purposes.
(3) Promotional Offers. We may use your email address or other contact information to contact you about our upcoming promotional offers or goods and services from third parties. If you do not wish to have your contact information used in this way, you can opt-out by logging into your “Communications Preferences” in Tools & Settings on the Website or in the App and adjusting your user preferences by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
E. OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(1) IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personally identifiable information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
(2) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(3) Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
(4) Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, the App, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
(5) California Privacy Rights:
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website or App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Currently, we do not engage in this type of disclosure.
(6) Nevada Privacy Rights: Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of certain “covered information” collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by such law, and we don't have plans to sell this information.
F. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your PII and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website and App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website and App.
Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or the App.
G. OTHER SITES/LINKS
Our Website and App may link to or contain links to other third-party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website or App and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website or App and to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
H. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
I. CONTACT INFORMATION
We will respond to your questions, comments or requests and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website and App.
J. SOLE STATEMENT
[EC1]Just change references to the app?